Author: Su Berry
At Software Alliance we are continuously developing the Mo.net Platform, releasing new versions to provide additional features and enhancements that directly support our strategic vision of offering a service-orientated financial modelling platform to support each stage of the insurance business lifecycle.
Mo.net v7.5 is no different.
Released in September 2021, the latest version of the platform includes a wealth of new features & functionality designed to meet the requirements of traditional insurers and start-ups.
What you’ll love about Mo.net v7.5
One of the key developments for Mo.net v7.5 is enhancing the database connectivity of the platform, both in terms of model source data & assumptions, and in terms of model output & results. While both Mo.net Model Development Studio and Operational Modelling Centre (OMC) already provide lots of flexibility in this space, some of it is currently only accessible via code, which is not ideal for all users…
Whether you’re a new user or upgrading from an earlier version, here are some of the key features and functionality you’ll find in Mo.net v7.5:
Enterprise & Cloud Integration
- Significant enhancements to the Mo.net Command Line Compiler (CLiC) giving users more flexibility when generating models or service packages from outside Model Development Studio
- Enhancement to resource configuration within Mo.net Cloud Portal
- Addition of Administration functionalities within Mo.net Cloud Portal
- Expansion of multi-tenant functionality to Mo.net Cloud portal
Performance & Scalability
- Improved integration with SQL databases for both reading and writing data
- Improved performance when loading large datasets
- Refinements to memory usage when using workers and suppressing output
- Further enhancements to platform logging functionality to provide improved fault resolution in large enterprise / cloud deployments
- Extended range of sample projects included in Model Development Studio further reducing barrier to entry
- Further refinements to the Model Development Studio user interface to make it more intuitive and accessible
- Improved Input selection from Microsoft Excel files
- Further enhancements to the Operational Modelling Centre particularly around additional tasks
- Enhancements to enable connection to Oracle via a Proxy
Governance & Control
- Additional items added to run progress feedback for reading and writing of input/output and record processing information
- Improved error handling & reporting to make the ask of root cause problem analysis more efficient.
- Enhancements to Reporting functionality within Operational Modelling Centre
- Improved protection functionality to prevent unwanted changes to modelling projects
As always, if you have any suggestions for new features or enhancements to any part of the Mo.net platform, let us know as we would love to hear from you.
How can I access the latest release?
For existing Mo.net users, simply navigate to the Software Alliance website and log in to gain access. Once you’ve signed-in you will be able to view the latest downloads, release notes and associated documentation.
For new users, get in touch with us today to discuss your modelling requirements.
Hardware & software requirements
All hardware & software requirements for Mo.net Model Development Studio are covered by the hardware & software requirements datasheet available from the Software Alliance website.
Help, I’m having issues!
For any software related issues, contact our team via the SAL Helpdesk who are on hand to provide support.
Customers are also encouraged to search the SAL Knowledge Base to check whether the issue, question or request has already been raised – a good place to start before before submitting a new ticket.
For any further help or for more information, please get in touch.